There are many ways you can contribute toward the future of the Minden Opera House:
- Through a gift of grain. You can donate commodities such as corn to the Minden Opera House rather than donating after the sale. By transferring legal ownership of the grain to MOH before it is sold, you can avoid the taxable income from that sale AND you are still able to deduct the entire cost of the production of the commodity on Schedule F. Depending on the producer’s circumstances, savings may be realized on federal and state income tax and self-employment tax. You MUST provide written documentation to the elevator or sale barn to to transfer title of the commodity.
- Print this form for details and take to elevator or sale barn: Charitable Gift of Grain – producer form
- Through an outright gift of cash as an unrestricted gift for MOH Operations.
- Through a restricted or unrestricted gift toward the Minden Opera House Endowment.
- Through a will or trust. You can leave a bequest to the Minden Opera House in your will or trust. It can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or whatever may remain after all other bequests are satisfied. When designating your gift to support our operations, you should designate your gift to Minden Opera House, P.O. Box 1, 322 East 5th Street, Minden, NE 68959.
- Through a retirement plan. You can name Minden Opera House as a beneficiary of all or a portion of your retirement account assets such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or other qualified plan.
- Through an insurance policy or annuity. You can name Minden Opera House as first, second, or as contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy or annuity.
It is important that you consult with your lawyer or financial advisor to be sure your donation is properly designated. For more information or to discuss any of these planned gift options, please call Marcy Brandt at 308-832-0588.